to Year 1!
We welcome you to Key Stage One and look forward to working with you and your child over the next couple of years.
We cannot wait for you to join Butterflies and Foxes in September.
We can't wait to meet you properly!
We are really excited to welcome the children into Year 1. We are looking forward to hearing news of all the exciting things the children have been up to during the summer holidays.
Mrs Palmer Mrs Eadie
Mrs Fudge Mrs Bolton Mrs Reynolds Mrs Wain
Have a look at our Year 1 Powerpoint.
This will give you lots of information about what to expect in Year 1.
Year 1 information
Welcome to Foxes
Welcome to Butterflies
Getting Ready for Year 1
To be ready for year 1, here are some things you could practice over the summer:
- Being independent using the toilet and putting on coats for outside.
- Writing first name and surname using cursive writing.
- Practising handwriting and pencil control.
- Counting to 30 forwards and backwards and writing numbers.
- Reading - books, comics, magazine, labels, shopping lists, instructions, recipes...ANYTHING!
- Listening to stories and talking about what happened.